Phil Earle’s Creative Writing Workshops are ideal for groups of 20-30 students with teacher supervision. By having a smaller groups it means we can give pupils as much encouragement and attention as possible.
These sessions are 1 hour long sessions but can be adapted and made longer for secondary students.
Sessions for primary and junior pupils
- I use my stories as a springboard, to show students how simple and enjoyable it is to pull characters straight from their imaginations.
- Within an hour, they’ll come away with the building blocks necessary to put these characters inside their own stories.
Sessions for secondary and FE students
- I often facilitate an exercise that underlines the importance of an effective prologue in fiction.
- Using the first page of ‘Being Billy’, we undertake three simple tasks that allow the students to finish the prologue in a genre of their own choice.
- It’s a session that consistently produces great, imaginative work and proves that creative writing doesn’t have to be a struggle.
If you’d like to know more about my events, or are interested in booking me for your school, college, library or festival, please contact me here and I can let you know about fees and availability.