How Many Sessions Do You Run In A Day?
- I will happily run up to a maximum of three sessions in any school day.
- These sessions can be flexible in their duration to fit with your timetable, but should be a maximum of one hour each.
What Do The Sessions Consist Of?
- I offer two types of sessions, Author Talks and Creative Writing Workshops.
- If possible, I prefer to deliver two talks and one workshop in any school visit.
What IT requirements do you have?
- I use a powerpoint presentation for all of my sessions, so require the use of laptop, projector and screen. I don’t require sound for the presentations, or access to the internet.
- If I’m speaking to a group of over 100 students, a microphone is often handy (lapel if you have one) and a ‘clicker’ to move through the powerpoint makes for a much smoother session.
Do you like your books to be on sale during a visit?
- The obvious answer is yes, but not for purely mercenary reasons!
- My job when I visit your school is to enthuse your students and inspire them to read. If I do my job well, then there’s no greater thing for your student than to be able to take a signed book away with them at the end of the day.
- More often than not I travel on public transport, so if you’re able to order books in from a local bookshop, I’d be so grateful.
Do you have posters you can send to publicise your visit?
- I do, and I’m very happy to send some in advance. All I ask is that you help me out by covering the cost of the poster tube and postage.
What do you eat?
- Anything but sprouts. And a stream of tea always helps.
How far will you travel for an event?
- For the past four years I’ve travelled all over the UK, and have also facilitated school events in France and Brazil.
- Obviously if visiting your school means an overnight stay, then I need to charge for accommodation as well as travel. Sorry!
How much does it cost to hire you?
- I offer both half day and full day rates.
- Half days consist of up to 2 (x1 hour) sessions, but I can only offer half days if your school is within an hour of my home.
For further details of rates, please contact me. I hope this all makes sense. Please sing out if you need any further information.