Phil Earle’s Author Talks last from forty minutes to an hour, including time for questions from the students and can be adapted to suit the needs of your timetable.
I’m very happy to speak to children of all ages, from primary school, to secondary, further education or degree level students. I’m really happy for you to mix year groups up if that works best for you.
- Audience size is up to you too – I’ve spoken to groups as small as 6, and as large as 800+
- A large part of the talk covers my upbringing as a reluctant reader, how I found children’s books in my twenties and how I use everyday events to inspire my writing.
- I also read from my books and talk about the role of ‘underdogs’ in all my stories.
- It’s really important to me that these sessions feel interactive, regardless of the size of group I’m speaking to. I want every student to feel involved.
- I do ask that copies of my books are available for pupils to buy on the day. I want to inspire your students to pick up a book immediately, so am always delighted to sign a book that they can take home with them.